There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a Quarter-Pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle... and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
~ Reality Bites

Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm 26... WTF happened to the past 10 years!


Just Another 20 Something here... thinking about being another year older! Cue the death march music!!! im old! tomorrow i will be 26! 26!!!! o god can you believe it! i cant sometimes. so today i woke up thinking about what has happened in my life in the past 26 years. Well as of May 7th i will officially have had my licence for 10 years. yes after 10 years i still remember the day i got my license. it was the first day of my freedom =). i remember driving my awesome convert able to school that first day. how proud i was to come in and park my car in the parking lot! AHH Pedro! for those who don't remember my car in high school let me clue you in.

Yes i was a lil brat! i had a black 98 VW Cabrio. ahh man it was the car o my life. i had zebra seat covers and EVERY other car accessory that came in zebra. i drove that car into the DIRT! i put 15,000 miles on it in a summer! as soon as those keys got in my hand it was like i had my own place. in high school i lived 35 min away from my high school, so until then i relied heavily on my brother, mom, and grandma to drive me everywhere. That year was also the first year i ditched, stayed out late, went to a rave and found my amazing group of friends!

10 years ago my life changed forever! Sweet 16 is a big year for everyone, but my friends and I made the most out of that year! it was a first of everything for people! i cant believe its been ten years already! i remember looking back at being 16 and saying WOW dude in 10 years we will be 26" OH GOD! i am 26 now. i do have to say though that i wont change a thing of what i have experienced in my life since i was 16.

Every piece of my life has changed and molded me into the person i am today because of those experiences. i learned how to be an adult. i learned how to love myself for who i am. i learned how to lie. i learned how to not lie (i was a HUGE storyteller in high school, yes, its my cross to bare) i learned how to be a good friend and not a frenemy. i learned how to love my parents for who they are and know that they are not perfect creatures. i learned how to be a good daughter, sister, friend, partner. i learned how important an educations is. learned how unimportant an education can be in the real world. i learned to be an adult in a world that keeps pushing me back in adolescence.

WoW i guess when you think about it i really have learned a lot in the past 10 years. put as i get a year older i think about my goals from 10 years ago. have i met them? do i still want any of them? i don't think i had goals that were real 10 years ago. no w i come up with one every five minutes. My question for you today is... what were your goals 10 years ago? do you still want them? can you believe that you is what you wanted? As another year passes i can say that I'm so glad to have taken the road that i have taken. it may have been bumpy, crazy, and full of forks, but it leads me to my future. if this is what the past 10 years have been full of i cant wait to see what is coming on the path! ( HAWAII, HAWAII, HAWAII)

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day" -Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment