There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a Quarter-Pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle... and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
~ Reality Bites

Friday, April 23, 2010



Just Another 20 Something Here... being wrapped up in my Kauai dream today! i woke up to a partly cloudy day. the kind of day where the sun breaks threw the puffs of clouds and shines down on the dry desert ground. It reminded me of how thats like everyday in kauai except the ground is full of different tropical plants and flowers instead of the dry cracked desert ground. i love hawaii, or kauai cause i have never been to any other island. Its not just the amazing tropical views or the crystal clear water. Its the ambiance.

the people on the island have this new view of the way life should be lived. Enjoy the people and place around you, instead on focusing on the money grupping society that we live in. Maybe its just because i was born in Orange County, but i want to raise my kids in a place where community and family is more important than money and a false sense of supremacy.

I want my kids to be raised in a place of beauty instead of a suburban nightmare. Not that i dont value the fact that i was born in OC. There are a lot more place where life would have sucked to be raised, but i feel like OC breads kids with a false sense of entitlement. They think just because your parents have all this stuff that your entitled to have it to! i want my kids to look at how lucky they are to be raised in a community where they value them and that they value the earth and the environment they are so lucky to be in.

I leave you today with the thought of does where you were raised influence your values? does it effect how you look at society? does the environment its self effect your outlook on life? Look at where you were from and understand how it has guided your life like a stream to what your core value are.


"'Ike aku, 'ike mai, kokua aku kokua mai; pela iho la ka nohana 'ohana"- Hawaiian Proverb meaning Recognize others, be recognized, help others, be helped; such is a family relationship. Many native Hawaiians live with their extended family and family is the most important part of life for them. This saying teaches why they should put family first...In the Ohana or family, you know others and they know you, you help others and know you will be helped if there is anything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment