There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a Quarter-Pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle... and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
~ Reality Bites

Monday, April 12, 2010

Into the Future we march...


Just Another 20 Something Here… Stressing about growing up. So we found out today that another one of our friends is having a baby again! JEEEZZZZ! Its like growing up is just hitting us within a year period! All around me life is growing up. My best friends are all graduating within the next month, which means were really grown-ups now. My brother and cousin got married this year. My other best friend got married and had a baby this year. Another best friend is going to have a baby by the end of the year. I don’t know if can keep up with all this LoL!

Friendships change throughout a lifetime, and I know that for sure (seeing as though I have had some of my friends 20+ years). And now they are all about to change again. I am going from being the party friend to the one you trust babysitting or the one that is the maid of honor or the one who helped me get a job. Its no longer, “meet my friend Blah Blah , she’s the one who got in trouble with me for sneaking into that bar.” Its, “Meet my friend, the I told you that has 2 great kids.” Its just so weird to grow up and watch my friends turn into mature professional adults. =)

I’m so proud of all of them though, these days not many girls can say they have been friends as long as us! When one stage ends in our lives we find a new way to relate to each other. I’m really lucky to have found such great friends at such a young age! And as we all take this next step into the future the one thing that comforts me is the fact that I know, NO MATTER where we go or what we become. We will always be friends! I will always have my friends to call at 2 AM when I don’t know what to do. I will always have my friends to give me advise on how to get gum out my kids hair, or end up getting a ticket and need my lawyer… you know who you are! LoL

So, today I end my blog with simply… Look at the people around you and value their friendships. Think how different your life would have been with out their time in it. Wither your still friends or cant stand each other… just remember how much they have impacted your life!

2 comments:

  1. This is Jenna, and I love you in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Darling!! I didn't know you had a blog bitch!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that reading through your posts reminded me once again what a sentimental wee sap you are underneath your tough talking exterior :) It is refreshing, however, to read your thoughts as it makes me feel closer to the friend I love and miss, and who I wouldn't change for the world. I will forever be grateful to whatever accident of fate introduced us and gave me a true friend in this snakepit of vipers called DC <3

    ReplyDelete