There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a Quarter-Pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter become a cackle... and I, I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.
~ Reality Bites

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Something New in the Mix!!!


Just Another 20 something here.... and I'm making a change! Its been a long while since my last post, so as you can tell i was not necessarily busy with a job. but i am working towards getting back to school. Looking into getting my MA but who the hell knows these days.

I have been doing ALOT of reading on my kindle! i know I'm lame, but i love it! i have found some amazing indie writers that keep me inspired and constantly reading. Which I'm sure Mr. Man would tell you is the most annoying thing ever, but today i decided that i am going to start using this blog as a place to review and pass on all my opinions on books I'm reading.

i figure why not?!?!?! i read 6 books a week usually so why not share them with all of you... so Tomorrow will be my First Review EVER! LOL so be nice but it will be a learning experience for everyone!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to review Switched By Amanda Hocking here's so info on Amanda from her blog:

I live in Minnesota, and even though I hated it a lot growing up, I really love it here now. (Ask me again when its twenty below and I'm scraping ice off my windshield, and I might answer different.)

When I was in grade school and we had to do reports on things, I always picked the more obscure subject. For animals, I picked the okapi and the narwhal, and when I did a report on countries, I picked Luxembourg. I know lots and lots of trivia about lots and lots of pointless things.


This book is the first book in her Trylle Trilogy the second comes out sometime this month. She is also known for her My Blood Approves series, Hollowland and her newest Honalee.

Here's some back ground on Switched at the Trylee series from Amanda's Blog:

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy discovers her mother might have been right.

With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - a world both beautiful and frightening, and Wendy's not sure she wants to be a part of it.


Well i will see you all tomorrow and today im going to leave you with a quote i read today from Kait Nolan on Amanda Hocking's Blog about being and indie writer in this ocean of publishing. "passion isn’t everything, that we’ve gotta devote time to honing our craft"--Kait Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment